Solving Bladder Leaks With A Women’s Health PT
Care to Avoid Bladder Leaks and Heal Your Core
Urinary leaking never has good timing. It’s inconsiderate and inconvenient. It may happen when you’re in the middle of the grocery store and can’t hold back a sneeze, maybe you’re finally out on the trampoline with your kids and all of a sudden notice you’re not as strong down there. Maybe you’re having a happy hour video chat with your gals and finally letting out a big laugh makes you let out something else… Maybe you’re doing 1,000 things these days to be a mom, work from home, stay connected with friends, and when you really need to go to the bathroom, you leak a little before making it there.
After having a baby (and sometimes before), dry undies can feel like a thing of the past.
Urinary leaking (also called “incontinence”) can happen as:
- A slow dribble or feeling of wetness throughout the day
- Small amount of pee with a cough/laugh/sneeze/jump
- Enough leaking to make you need to change your clothes
- You may need to wear a liner every day, or always have an extra pair of underwear in your bag
This type of leaking is super common, but it is not normal. A pelvic floor physical therapist can help you figure out how to gain better control of your pelvic floor muscles to stop this leaking from happening. And here’s a secret – it’s not just kegels!
We offer appointments in office and via virtual online sessions with telehealth.
Telehealth is a great solution to achieve your goals from the comfort of your own home.
- Do you want to stop wearing liners every day?
- Do you want to be able to play with your kids without taking a break to change your clothes?
- Do you want to laugh and laugh and laugh… and not leak?
- Run or crossfit or yoga and stay present without worrying about taking a break to pee?
We are here for you! Our pelvic floor physical therapists will work with you to learn about all of the things you’ve been experiencing, and find the right solution tailored to you, from the comfort of your own home. We use a whole body approach to learn what your goals are, and what your body needs. No need to wait!
If you decide to attend an appointment in office, here’s what you can expect:
Our focus is on holistic healing and partnership, working with you to identify the true cause of your symptoms. We do this through careful questioning and listening, observation of posture, gait (walking) and movement, as well as the use of our hands to feel the mobility of joints, muscles, connective tissues, and nerves. Ultimately, we wish to work with you to accomplish your goals.
Telehealth feel more accessible right now?
How telehealth works:
- We send you a link to a video appointment
- You can open the link on any computer with a microphone and camera access
- We have a normal visit virtually – you tell us how you’re doing, what you’re feeling, and we offer all of our PT tools for you to work on stuff at home!
- What could be better?! A whole PT right in your very own living room!
Call and schedule today, you’ll be so glad you did.