Telehealth: Secure, Virtual Video Chat for Remote Physical Therapy
It is important to know your path to recovery can continue (or begin) from the comfort of your own home. Telehealth is the perfect option for any client wanting to bring their physical therapist into their space, or newly postpartum women seeking strong healing, but not yet leaving the house. Receive help in the actual set-up you are functioning in all day. Experiencing pain rolling in bed or getting ready due to pubic pain in pregnancy? Show us! Back pain carrying you baby or putting them in the crib? Show us! Are you doing well with your strengthening and ready to progress to harder exercises? Let’s do it with the actual equipment you have in your house!
What Do I Need?
- An internet-enabled device (computer, tablet or phone) that has a web camera and microphone so we can see you and communicate.
- YOU! Breathe. prides ourselves on assigning at home therapy that is manageable without expensive gym equipment to make therapy accessible to everyone. However, if you think you might need bands, balls, pillows, etc. – grab them!
What will the session be like?
- Update on You – Just like any treatment session in the clinic, we will review how you’ve been feeling, celebrate successes, discuss limitations, and review goals.
- Skilled Interventions – As licensed physical therapists we have the knowledge to provide evidence-based, effective interventions.
- Plan – Together, we will determine a plan of care including a home exercise program, updates on our clinic, and a plan for future appointments.
Does telehealth work?
- Research has shown even those with stroke have similar results as those that see an in-person physical therapist. This is because, as specialists, we are still able to provide quality care with the assistance of technology.
Why should I choose telehealth?
- CONVENIENCE – With baby sleeping in the next room, dinner in the oven, and car in the shop, we are still able to accommodate your schedule!
- Avoid the Emergency Room – We are able to screen movement and pain emergencies while avoiding any risk of viral infection.
Articles about Telehealth
Surprising Things That May Be Causing Pelvic PainWe Breathe. ladies have a favorite saying, and you have probably heard us say it numerous times. Any guesses on what it is?! That’s right, you guessed it--”It’s ALL connected!” So there is no surprise when we chat about...