Telehealth: Secure, Virtual Video Chat for Remote Physical Therapy
It is important to know your path to recovery can continue (or begin) from the comfort of your own home. Telehealth is the perfect option for any client wanting to bring their physical therapist into their space, or newly postpartum women seeking strong healing, but not yet leaving the house. Receive help in the actual set-up you are functioning in all day. Experiencing pain rolling in bed or getting ready due to pubic pain in pregnancy? Show us! Back pain carrying you baby or putting them in the crib? Show us! Are you doing well with your strengthening and ready to progress to harder exercises? Let’s do it with the actual equipment you have in your house!
I was seeing Lily Gasway in person until we had to go to telehealth due to COVID-19. I never would have believed it but telehealth with Lily works GREAT. My knee problem keeps improving. I am running with no pain for the first time in over a year! I am so happy. Thank you Lily!
Having the option for physical therapy via telehealth was priceless. The expert assistance allowed me to have my new symptoms/developments addressed rather than allowing the pain to continue and develop into something more permanent while waiting for the opportunity for an in-person visit. My therapist was able to demonstrate the prescribed therapy exercise plus see if I was doing the movement properly and then followed up with an emailed instruction for me to follow until our next visit. I found the telehealth visits very helpful.
My telehealth visits with Dr. Kristen were a literal sanity saver! It was so easy to be able to put the baby down for a nap, and hop online with her while I hid in my closet. She was able to help me through some lingering issues I’ve been having by giving me a very detailed and easy to follow at-home treatment plan, and other some other options, all from the comfort of my own home. It was a great way to check in with her and get a tune up safely and very efficiently! Thanks, Dr. Kristen!
I was so grateful to be able to stay in contact with Dr. Liz via telehealth during these uncertain times! We were able to continue to keep me on the path to healing my body, as well as address new aches and pains that arose due to working from home (aka my recliner). With two kids at home, telehealth is so convenient and Dr. Liz is always great at considering how to adapt my exercises to fit my crazy life at home!
Breathe has empowered me to take control over my mental and physical health. Telehealth appointments have been such a blessing during this pandemic. Same great results with the benefit of staying home!
Being able to continue PT with Lily virtually for the hip pain I have been experiencing was extremely beneficial, especially during this pandemic. I had been going to PT for a month or so before the pandemic hit, so keeping our sessions going online helped me to continue to strengthen my hip so that I wouldn’t lose the momentum I had built. Additionally, being able to still “meet” with Lily made me feel more connected to the outside world, even though it was over a screen. In fact, there were at least a couple times during each session when we would laugh about something and I immediately felt more at ease about the state of our world. Thanks, Lily!!
Christina Nelson Johnson
What Do I Need?
- An internet-enabled device (computer, tablet or phone) that has a web camera and microphone so we can see you and communicate.
- YOU! Breathe. prides ourselves on assigning at home therapy that is manageable without expensive gym equipment to make therapy accessible to everyone. However, if you think you might need bands, balls, pillows, etc. – grab them!
What will the session be like?
- Update on You – Just like any treatment session in the clinic, we will review how you’ve been feeling, celebrate successes, discuss limitations, and review goals.
- Skilled Interventions – As licensed physical therapists we have the knowledge to provide evidence-based, effective interventions.
- Plan – Together, we will determine a plan of care including a home exercise program, updates on our clinic, and a plan for future appointments.
Does telehealth work?
- Research has shown even those with stroke have similar results as those that see an in-person physical therapist. This is because, as specialists, we are still able to provide quality care with the assistance of technology.
Why should I choose telehealth?
- CONVENIENCE – With baby sleeping in the next room, dinner in the oven, and car in the shop, we are still able to accommodate your schedule!
- Avoid the Emergency Room – We are able to screen movement and pain emergencies while avoiding any risk of viral infection.
Articles about Telehealth
4 Foam Roller Exercises to Try When You're in PainDo you have a foam roller living in your house? Maybe you bought it with intentions to figure out what to do with it… but didn’t know where to start. Maybe your foam roller is your best friend but you always do the...